Quit Notice: South-East Herdsmen Disown Arewa Youths
| || |
June 15, 2017 ( Post 1 )
Quit notice: South-East herdsmen disown Arewa youth
The group’s chairman, Alhaji Siddiki Gidado, in a statement in Awka, Anambra state on Wednesday demanded that those behind such act should be brought to book.
The group said although they were not comfortable with the agitations of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and MASSOB, it does not support call for a quit notice to Ndigbo.
The statement reads: “We condemn in its entirety the aspect of the Arewa Youths communiqué that insists that Igbos should leave North; this position is unacceptable to us in the South-east because we feel at home in this zone”.
“It is worrisome that some people who are safely seated in their comfort zones seem to care less about the safety of many of their kiths and kin at the other sides of the divide as they make statements or engage in acts that can cause mayhem”
“We advice that both Arewa group and Biafra agitators should sheath their swords and seek better ways of making Nigeria a better place for all of us.”
The group said that unity of the country should be paramount to everybody than the divisive calls, adding that South-east governors had been at the forefront of such unity in the country.
Meanwhile, the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has lambasted the leader of Biafra Independent Movement (BIM), Chief Raph Uwazuruike for visiting the Arewa youths in Kaduna.
In a statement signed by the MASSOB leader, Uchenna Madu, in Onitsha today, it alleged that Arewa youths are using Uwazuruike to cause confusion among Ndigbo.
Share it Let Friends Know
Make A Reply Below!